CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
yeah it’s kind of weird
however it’s dairy-free and gluten-free and vegan and raw (I am none of these things BUT HEY), has a decent protein content if that’s something you care about, and it does have a distinct chocolate-chip-cookie-dough feel. Also definite novelty to it so worth at least one try?
The recipe was originally found at this blog over here but I messed with it a lot. If you’re interested in the original though, head on over there.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (canned, drain it, rinse it, do it again maybe)
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs peanut butter (and probably I could have gotten away with one, I think it was mainly for texture?) or other nut butter if you can’t or don’t want to peanut
- almond milk (or whatever milk you want really, I just have almond milk I want to use up) start with two tbs and add more as you need—I ended up using maybe 1/4 cup
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1-2 tbs honey (replace with brown sugar or maple syrup if you want to go the vegan route)
- 2 to 3 tbsp oats (also for texture I think?)
- Chocolate chips, however much you want (but be careful; I used a little over 1/4 cup and it was too many, but that’s just me)
Add everything but the chocolate into a food processor or blender. Food processor would be way better, but I don’t have one so I used my mini-blender. It worked but it took a while. If you’re using a blender, you’ll probably have to stop a few times and scrap down the sides. This is also when you’ll need to add more milk maybe, depending on how thick a mixture your blender will…blend.
Blend until smooth. Then blend more. Remove from blender. Fold in chocolate chips. Eat! With spoon, or on graham crackers, or even on actual cookies. Cookie-ception? I recommend with milk. It sort of needs milk.